Ten Essential Animation Books You May Not Know About.
Animation is best learned and understood by doing. Making mistakes, experimenting, and practice, practice, practice. Animation being an artform, it is also important study the pieces, parts, and components that bring it together. Animation is a complex artform that is combines a lot of different elements to arrive at what is seen on screen. Acting, draftsman-womenship, human behavior analysis, figure drawing, and anatomy. These skills and more are essential to an animator and at some point should be second nature. I have listed below some books not readily discussed in animation circles, but are essential and recommended by industry professionals. Each book is listed with its respective Amazon link, but for transparency, you could probably find these books on Ebay as well.
1. Acting and Performance for Animation
2. Figure Drawing Design and Invention
3. Animated Performance
4. Force: Dynamic Life Drawing For Animators
5. Force: Drawing Human Anatomy
6. How to Cheat in Maya 2014 or 2017
7. The Artist Complete Guide to Facial Expressions
8. Anatomy Perspective Composition For The Artist
9. Facial Expressions: A Visual Reference for Artist